Santos:
I hope that we can add another soccer session to the week this summer. This additional session will be strictly optional. There are many of us taking summer trips, so quite a few players will be missing a lot of practice. If they want to make it up, these sessions will provide a good way.
We have two more sessions at the French American. I'd like to continue that Friday session into July, but make it later in the evening, say 7PM, and alternate locations, one on the East side and one on the West.
I suggest Catlin Gabel lower field for the West side location and maybe we can get some suggestions for a nice playing surface on the East side that is convenient.
I'd also like to add a Sunday evening session, again at 7PM. This we can do at Catlin Gabel. These additional sessions will continue until August.
I would also like to continue SAQ's before our T/Th practices begin. So if possible I'd like the girls to arrive at 5:10, not 5:30. Again, this is optional.
Please let me know, here or by email, if these days/times do not fit with your schedule. If there are too many conflicts we'll try something else.
Thanks,
Sutton
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
all this works for us. I would prefer to have the Friday practice stay at 5:30 or 6:00 so that if we do want to go the beach we can go after. Sunday at 7:00 is good.
Renae and Abby
its all good for us, Emma wonders if we could practice every day, maybe morning and evening, that would make her happiest.
Later Friday is a little better for us Eastsiders, because getting across town earlier is tough.
Steph and Kerry
That works for us as well. Re: an Northeast location. The Madeleine School has a great small field. Its quite busy, but I know teams reserve it. Its about 5 minutes from Lloyd Center off Broadway.
Janelle
We like these extra sessions and also the SAQ workouts. Friday's in July are not the best with the 4th, Chip's performance and Beaverton Cup tournament all falling on Friday. Any other day looks ok for us.
OK. Let's start THIS Sunday at 7PM at Catlin Gabel. The best place to park is at SW 90th and SW Haven.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=sw+90th+and+SW+Haven&daddr=8825+SW+Barnes+Rd,+Portland,+OR+97225&sll=45.513572,-122.767314&sspn=0.004676,0.009742&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16.
Take the Barnes exit off of 26 if your coming from the east side. It's very close. We'll start SAQ's Tuesday. I also suggest switching the Friday evening session to Wednesday in July, per Kami's comment. As far as a NE field. I think late Sunday evenings should be pretty quiet. Is there a place we could just show up without reservations? It must be a grass field so the girls get more touches on grass.
Thanks,
Sutton
Wednesdays eves will be more complicated but there are fields at Grant Park, both the football the Hollyrood fields. The Hollyrood field has goal posts, but no nets. The Fernwood field has grass but no goal posts, the turf is new, nice and will be watered, but again it might be hit and miss on how much room we would have.
Let's try Grant Park at 7PM Wednesday evening. Don't need goals just a little space and a safe grass surface.
Thx
Sutton
Another option for the Eastside might be to look at a scrimmage with a NorthEast United team. Maddie's friend Cassie plays for this new club and I believe some ex-Red Fusion players play there too.
Kami
we are good for most wed & fri's and some sundays. are we going to Grant Pk this eve?
laura
Per Renae, extra practice sessions are Fri/Sun thru June and Wed/Sun in July.
Post a Comment