Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Qualifying Notes

Santos:

We performed well in the QT games. I think we played hard almost every game and we did many of the things we had hoped to do on the field. We will have to be even better this coming weekend. For these games, we will have to be at our best. Our substitution pattern may be a little less inclusive for these two games, as I think we need to produce the best results possible. I think it would be great for us to qualify for Gold, but the more games we play against top-tier competition, the more I realize that Silver is not a bad place for us either. Not because we aren't good enough, but because we need more time together as a team. Summer is never a good time for a team to gel and many teams that we are now competing with have been together for over a year. Virtually every team has improved dramatically so the competition is tough. We must compete as hard as we can against the Explosion to get points and we must defeat the Xpress. To do both, practice this week must be as good as we can make it.

Here's the PQT Schedule:
Friday 2:30 PM Keizer Field 3 V Explosion
Saturday 10:00 AM Keizer Field 4 V LOSC Xpress

Fields are at Whiteaker MS 1605 Lockhaven Dr NE, Keizer, OR

Go Santos!

No comments: